If you need restorative dental care in Mount Pleasant and you’re not sure where to turn to, Advanced Dentistry of Mount Pleasant is a great choice. Dr. Candice Vinson is a specialized prosthodontist, and can provide you with the highest-quality care in the area. Why should you see a prosthodontist like Dr. Vinson instead of a general dentist? Read on, and find out.
Prosthodontists Have Specialized Training In Restorative Dentistry
Unlike general dentists or family dentists, prosthodontists are trained specifically to provide restorative dental treatment to patients of all ages. It’s even in the name! The term “prosthodontics” comes from “prosthesis,” meaning “false body part,” and “orthodontics,” which means “treatment of irregularities in the teeth.”
In addition to earning a DDS or DMD degree, prosthodontists like Dr. Vinson must go through at least 3 years of hands-on residency training in the field of restorative dentistry, and must earn a specialty certification from the American Board of Prosthodontics.
That means that prosthodontists, such as Dr. Candice Vinson, are the best choice for restorative dental treatments. Their deep familiarity with restorative care ensures that you get the best possible results.
Dental Services We Offer At Advanced Dentistry Of Mount Pleasant
At our office, Dr. Vinson offers a wide variety of restorative and cosmetic treatments for patients of all ages. A few of the dental services you can get from a prosthodontist at our office include:
- Dental crowns & bridges – Crowns are ideal for covering up and protecting damaged teeth, and preventing further complications. Dental bridges use one or more crowns to support a false tooth, and fill in a gap in your smile where a missing tooth used to be.
- Dental implants – Dental implants are the best long-term method of restoring missing teeth. Dr. Candice Vinson is an expert in placing dental implants and building implant restorations including crowns, bridges, and implant-supported dentures.
- Dentures – We offer both full and partial dentures at Advanced Dentistry of Mount Pleasant, ensuring you can get the care you need to restore your smile and bite after tooth loss.
- Porcelain veneers – Veneers cover up your front teeth and are an ideal solution for correcting a wide variety of cosmetic dental issues. As a prosthodontist, Dr. Vinson can provide you with a set of veneers that fit perfectly, and will look great for years to come.
- Dental bonding – Dental bonding uses dental resin to cover up imperfections like gaps in your smile, minor tooth chipping, and uneven or misshapen teeth, and it’s a fast, affordable way to restore your smile at Advanced Dentistry of Mount Pleasant.
- Full mouth rehabilitation & smile makeovers – Dr. Vinson specializes in using both restorative and cosmetic techniques to restore your smile. Whether you need a smile makeover to fix issues like a few stained teeth and gaps in your smile, or you need full mouth rehabilitation for multiple missing or damaged teeth, Dr. Vinson will create a treatment plan that will provide you with the smile you deserve.
Contact Us Now To Schedule Your Smile Consultation
Whether you have cosmetic problems with your smile or suffer from serious oral health problems like missing or damaged teeth, Dr. Candice Vinson is here to help. As an experienced prosthodontist, Dr. Vinson will create a customized treatment plan that will provide you with the smile you deserve. Get started by contacting us online, or giving us a call at (843) 936-1690.